Arthur W. Gamson developed seven principles to effective teaching which have been among the most influential ideas of the past twenty years in relation to teaching theory.
It seems pretty straight forward but if we remembered to embrace them, we would be much more effective teachers.
- Encourage instructor/student contact
- Encourage cooperation among students
- Encourage active learning
- Give prompt feedback
- Emphasize time on task
- Communicate high expectations
- Respect diverse talents and ways of learning
Source: Chickering, Arthur W. Gamson, Zelda F.(1987) Seven Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education.